2012 Volkswagen Golf R
Modified 6-Speed Hatchback
Offered here is a clean, one-owner, and tastefully modified 2012 Volkswagen Golf R 4-Door Hatchback. It has just 28K miles with no history of accidents or mechanical problems. The car is finished in Carbon Steel Gray Metallic and was purchased new from Howard-Cooper VW in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 2012. It has always been stored in a heated garage and has never been raced or AutoCrossed. All maintenance has been performed ahead of schedule, including 30K Haldex service, cam-follower replacements and frequent-interval synthetic oil changes. All modifications have been professionally installed. See below for full list of modifications. The car is an absolute blast to drive and is truly flawless mechanically. It's very clean cosmetically as well. This is a local doctors car who is reluctantly selling, only because he needs the garage space for his newly ordered GT3. It is an incredible vehicle that you could not replicate at the price offered. Call or e-mail if interested. READ FULL DESCRIPTION ON OUR WEBSITE!
Modifications: (all mods after 10K, all professionally installed):
- OEM 18” Golf R wheels, curb rash on one wheels, original tires are mounted/balanced
- 18” Black Powdercoated OEM VW Velos wheels. Good condition
- 18” OZ black superturismo wheels with Continental Extreme Contact tires. Good tire life left. Yes. That's three sets of wheels tires including OEM.
- H&R sport springs paired with Koni Yellow damping adjustable Sport Shocks.
- H&R front and rear anti—sway bars with maintenance-free Teflon bushings
- TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid front subframe collar kit
- SuperPro Supaloy lower front control arms
- Unibrace UB xlr chassis brace for use with turbo-back exhaust. Brand new in-box, not installed yet.
Brakes (<5K miles on this setup):
- Stainless braided brake lines
- ECS tuning front cross-drilled/slotted 2-piece semi-floating rotors
- Matching ECS tuning rear cross-drilled/slotted rear rotors
- Hawk HPS pads front/rear
- High-temp brake fluid
Clutch/shifter (~10K miles on this setup):
- HS tuning RSR clutch Kit – capable of holding 480lb/ft consistently. Overkill but I don't like clutch slippage.
- Dieselgeek Sigma 6 short-shifter
- BFI heavy-weight shift knob
- Shortened shifter column
Engine (~15K total miles on this setup):
- Full stainless 42DD 3” Race Series resonated turbo-back exhaust. Cat-back is included in purchase.
- CTS turbo intake
- APR front-mount intercooler. Installed less than 2K miles ago
- APR HPFP
- BSH speedshop PCV Revamp
- BSH heatshield – not installed.
- APR stage II+ software with stock, 91, 93, 100 octane programs. Switchable from cruise control.
- Audi R8 red-top coilpacks, with power-appropriate NGK spark plugs
- On 93 octane program it should be putting down about 370 ctq/362 chp or 350 wtq/330 whp.
- OEM Dash Cubby installed
- OEM Euro-cup holder. Not installed but comes with car
- OEM euro light switch for rear lights with fog
- AWE tuning column pod with NewSouth performance Golf R blue illuminated mechanical boost gauge. Perfect color match. Most people think it is OEM.
- Weather guard custom fit floor mats X4 (have been in place for duration of ownership – carpet is perfect underneath). Two sets of OEM carpet mats that will be included. Both are brand new.
- Rear cargo system for trunk, cargo net as well.
- VAG-com mods: traction control able to be turned completely off, windows down or up with remote, gauge sweep.
- Both Keys have been in protective silicone covers since new. No wear/tear at all.
- Stainless steel “R” seat inserts.
- OEM aluminum look glove box handle. Not installed.
- Color-matched front turn signals
- OEM Hella tinted LED European Tail-lights with fog lamp. Appropriately coded with VAG-com. These are not aftermarket/cheap lights –they are the real-deal.
- Piano-black front/rear emblems
- Thule roof rack with two fork-mount bike mounts and complete matching lock-set
- All OEM parts excluding wear/tear items (brakes/clutch) included
- Original window sticker, original advertising brochure.
- Full service records included including brake/clutch maintenance and replacement, Cam-follower replacements records, etc. All maintenance has been professionally performed.